SuperFood Bowl: The solution to leftovers.
No one likes to be wasteful, especially when it comes to food. When you throw out day old food you throw out money, produce, and all the hard work you put into making it! But fret no more! I have the perfect solution that will not only satisfy your stomach, but your wallet as well. I like to call this phenomenon, a “SuperFood Bowl”.
A SuperFood Bowl is exactly what it sounds like. In this bowl you can combine any leftovers that you see fit, heat it up (or eat cold depending on ingredients) and enjoy! A great example could be combining vegetables, quinoa, and fish that are all leftover from earlier meals. The best part about this dish is that it does not taste like your dinner from previous nights… since you are combining so many different things, you get a great variety of tastes. It really is like a party in your mouth!
This is an example of one of the bowls I made. Incase you don’t have leftovers, I have the recipe for you below!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think, Tweet or tag me in your instagrams with pictures of your SuperFood Bowl.#balancingnrg @balancingnrg #acollegegirlsguide @acollegegirlsguide
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 16-20 spears asparagus
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 purple onion quartered
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 bag spinach
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash and cut all veggies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil
- Place cut sweet potato, eggplant, tomatoes and onion on baking sheet and spray with olive oil, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake on the top rack for 20 minutes, tossing a few times, or until getting tender, you can easily poke them with a fork.
- Add asparagus to baking sheet and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Raise temperature to broil for 5 more minutes or until veggies get a little crunchy on the outside.
- Divide the spinach mix between 4 bowls.
- On ⅕ of the bowl add cooked quinoa.
- When veggies are done remove from oven and let them cool for 3 minutes.
- Then continue adding the vegetables to the bowl in sections.