There is only one thing better than a hot bowl of soup on a cold, winter night: A hot bowl of HEALTHY soup on a cold, winter night, that only takes 30 MINUTES to make! This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a mouthwatering dish that you will be able to enjoy for days.
Tips & Tricks:
-Many people tend to love creamy foods, soups, and sauces, despite how unhealthy they truly are. But with this one little trick, you can enjoy the creamiest foods in the healthiest way! Wanna know the secret? AVOCADO.
-Feel free to be generous on the recipe, I usually make a big pot in the beginning of the week so that I have it for a few days for any meal.
-Roasting your vegetables before adding them to the soup will bring out the sweetness in the vegetables, however if time is an issue, feel free to add the vegetables in raw (done below).
- 1 Tsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, outer green leaves removed and chopped into pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ ripe avocado
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 ½ Tbs. of low sodium tamari
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. hot sauce (optional)
- Chopped parsley, as a garnish
- Melt coconut oil (or olive oil) in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped cauliflower, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Toss vegetables around for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Using a hand held immersion blender*, blend the vegetables until smooth. You can add more water for a thinner soup. (*If you do not have a hand held blender, then in small batches pour contents of pot into blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and, if need be, reheat).
- Add sea salt/ pepper to taste.
- For a spicier dish, add 2 tbs of hot sauce.
- Pour serving into bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Enjoy 🙂
You also might try this in a crockpot, I haven’t yet, so if you do please let me know how it turns out.