Smoothies aren’t just for drinking anymore. Try this delicious smoothie bowl that you can enjoy with a spoon. It’s almost like you’re eating dessert!
Smoothie Bowls are super easy and fun to make. They are the same amount of food AND calories as a regular smoothie would be, except it seems like you are eating so much more, and fills you up more. Double win!
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 1 spoonful of chocolate protein powder, I like Vega One
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp PB2
- Toppings such as fresh blueberries, sunflower seeds, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, mulberries, cashews, coconut or cacao nibs
- Add the spinach to your vitamix, or other strong blender.
- Add the water until you cover about ⅔ of the spinach.
- Add the protein powder, chia seeds and PB2.
- Add the frozen fruit.
- Blend until thick (if you have a vitamix use the frozen dessert setting on your blender).
- You might need to add a bit of water as you go to get the desired consistency, but it's better to have less water to start so you have the thickness you want.
- Pour into 2 bowls, sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy!