One of my favorite snacks is an apple with almond butter, peanut butter or even sunflower butter. I love this as a snack after I am done working out or even between lunch and dinner. I added chia seeds to the almond butter because chia seeds are loaded with fiber and protein It’s loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and many micronutrients. So this snack will keep you full and satisfied for hours. I usually like to eat it on my way home from the gym but it can get a bit messy to eat. Trying to dip the apple slice into the almond butter without it slipping off and into your lap! I think we have all been there! So I thought about making this delicious treat into a sandwich. So easy and portable and it can be made ahead of time and eaten later.
I use an apple corer first then slice the apple into discs.
Add the nut butter spread to the slices.
Sprinkle with raisins and put the apple back together.
- Apple of choice
- 1 Tbsp of a nut butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- Wash and core your apple
- Turn the apple on the side and slice to make circular piece of the apple
- Mix the nut butter with the chia seeds ( Put the nut butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 10 seconds, thenm add the chia seeds and mix well. This will also make it easier spread on the apple)
- Top each of the slices with the nut butter/chia seed spread.
- Then sprinkle a few raisins on each slice.
- Carefully put the apple back together and wrap on tinfoli.